RIGHT CLICK AND OPEN IN NEW WINDOW TO ENLARGE

Here is the pencil drawing before I painted it. It seems that I always like the pencil drawing better than the painted version - though without color it looks kind of like Jesus is wandering the frozen wastelands of the tundra rather than a desert. I draw in pencil and blending stump. Then I paint it digitally in Corel Paint. I struggle with coloring. I understand some of the principles of color theory, but applying them is hard to me. To me it is even harder when doing a picture of the desert. I know I am suppose to use warm colors for the foreground, and cooler colors for the distant background. This gives the picture depth. But how to do this in a painting of the desert is a challenge to me - because the color of the entire picture is warm. Anyway, maybe some people will give me some pointers at the art forums I visit.

Thanks for stopping by! And I do hope you put forth the effort to understand what I wrote. It's important - far more important than politics and pop culture. If you didn't get it, come back later when you have the time.